Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ayris don't know me very well, do he?

Next was Ayris. As Vincent correctly asked he is a clone of the Cavelier Australia's greatest Super-Human. A man of courage and honour, and these days too old to be saving the neighbourhood, let alone the world. So a few years ago scientists including yours truly were set to the task of cloning a replacement Cavelier. It was the Prime-Ministers idea, that and cloning Don Bradman. Cloning the 'Don' was easy but the Cavelier was tricky. In the process my then superior Dr. Nova Wicker went crazy. She dubded herself Dr. Nova-cane and escaped with the one of the clones. This clone was Ayris. He of course was captured but Dr. Wicker is still on the loose.

Ayris is kept in an area of Spearhead called the Cage. Its a nice place its got luxurious rooms, 24 hour kitchen, gym, and conjugal visits. If I was locked up anywhere the Cage is the place I'd want to be. Of course thats not the only thing that keeps Ayris in control.

I entered through the 20 inch thick adamantium doors and into the Cage's rather beautiful foyer. The whole theory is that if it looks like a hotel they'll treat it like one. It works, sometimes. Ayris was in the foyer wating for me. The staff (guards) were around but they kept a low profile.

"Captain Koma."Smiled Ayris. "Why did you take that moniker? Its like your the poor cousin to Captain Cold."
I ignored that. He had to make himself superior to me, even if he was right.
"Ok you know who I am. You do know I'm required to be present on all missions." I smiled, he didn't.
Ayris wasn't happy.
"So your in charge, congratulations." a dirty snear crept across his face.
"Yes I'm in charge here in the complex." I began Ayris wasn't going to like the rest. "But in the field I'm no more than a member of the team."
"You expect me to accept that compromise. Having you a member of the team I'm going to be constatly looking over my shoulder." he was leaning forward his voice getting louder."And if I make a decision you don't approve of will you... No how can you stop me out there. Really do you even have the balls to tell me I'm wrong."
"Oh I do. But you are right it is a compromise, if I had it my way you wouldn't even be on the team." I left that hang in the air and before Ayris had a chance to reply I plulled out a small remote. Ayris knew what it was. It controlled the Brain implant Universal Locator Beacon. Or BULB for short. Apart from being able to pinpoint where ever Ayris was, it also had a small explosive charge.
He laughed.
"You wont have that in the field. Prescott has it."
He was right but I had an ace up my sleeve.
"Do you know you were captured and brought here before I left?" I asked as if changing the subject.
"No I didn't its nice to know you were one of those nameless lab-rats." again putting me down.
"Yes I was in charge of the lab back then. I invented the BULB. In fact I hand made the one in your very head. Put it there too." I was smiling now, gloating. "Now its not going to take me much to make something to blow your pretty face off now isn't it."
I could feel his hate burning against me. He was beyond words he lunged at me. Before he even got to me a million or so volts exploded through him. The cages security system turned off the current. Ayris slumped to the floor. Burnt, alive, and panting.
"Your a natural leader Ayris why would I not let you lead out in the field. But if you step out of line expect worse than what you just got." I left Ayris on the floor and walked away.

2 comments:

Debojit Chowdhury said...

Pretty interesting, a blog with a difference! Your blog is nice! Keep it up!

Will you please help me to spread the message for Free Life Coaching (only if you approve it)? I want to help people by supporting and guiding them to learn the strategies and tools of life coaching. Life coaching is an amazing field it can radically transform your life. It is completely Free. http://coachingmantra.blogspot.com

Professor Xavier said...

Australia has a super-human?