Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The big reveal....finally

~ We were trapped in my own base on the moon. The only way out was to de-age and overpower Gladys. Galdys the clone of Australia's greatest hero The Cavelier so she could carry a portable dimensional gateway to earth. She did it and we were able to leave the moon. However, after setting up we were confronted with an army of robots lead by a flying man in orange and black. ~

The sheilds lasted less than a minute. The guy in orange and black floating above the robot army destroyed it by a force beam, which came from his hands. Then the robots came and just kept coming. The first few hundred got blown away by the cannons, but a few got through and we were kept busy protecting the cannons and the gateway.

Murphy's Law of course continued its recent domination of my life and despite our efforts we lost the first of four cannons. We were loosing again, it was only a matter of time before they would overwhelm us.

"Austin, whats the plan?" asked Chroma as we sheltered behind cannon 4 as the robots swarmed over what was left of cannons 1 and 2.
"Your asking me, now?" I ask back. "I thought you'd had enough of my plans."
"Austin." begins Chroma. "Ever since I've known you you've had a plan. Often they're so crazy that it seemed like they'd never work, but they did. Whats your plan?"

"Aww!" Interupted Henchy. "Hate to break up this touching Halmark moment but it looks like Henchy's gonna die and Henchy don't like that." Henchy was wearing one of the robots heads like a hat.

"Why are you wearing the robot head?" I asked expecting something ridiculous.

"Dude, it's camo. If you can't see it, you can't hit it." replies Henchy.

I smiled. Not because Henchy made me laugh but because I had an idea.

"Whats the plan Koma?" asked Chroma guessing my smile.

"Christine get Gladys from the lair. We're going to need her again." I looked at Chroma and she wasn't happy about it. "This is the plan. You wanted one, this is it. Now do it." I ordered. She left through the gateway.

"Dude!" exclaimed Henchy negatively. "Splitsville! Population you and her."

"Henchy get back in there and get as close as you can to the leader without him noticing you." I tell him.

"The floaty guy, done. Then what?" asked Henchy back.

"Then wait for your opening." I tell him. "Are we clear?"

"As clear as Chicken grease." answers Henchy and he left.

I turn back to see Chroma and Galdys emerging from the gateway.

"Chroma says you need me again?" asks Galdys wearily.

"Yes." I reply writing something down on a piece of paper. "Get up as high as you can and when I tell you to go do what it says on the paper."

"Okay but..." starts Gladys.

"No ifs, no buts. Just do it." I order handing Gladys' the paper. "Chroma give her your earwig."

Chroma puts the earwig communicator in Galdys' ear and in a flash of light Galdys is gone.

Then BOOM! An almighty blast goes off knocking Chroma and I to the ground.

- CANNONS 3 and 4 HAVE BEEN DESTROYED. DEFENSES COMPROMISED -

"So what happens next?" asks Chroma as she gets up off the ground.

"We surrender." I answer.

The robots rush in. Chroma takes postion to defend herself.

"We surrender!" I tell her and the robots. I put my hands on my head and kneel. She does the same. The robots take position and aim, but do not fire.

"So the great evil genius admits defeat." mocks whoever is in the floating gold and black armour. "Where are the Henchman and the clone?"

"Henchy split during the fight." spat Chroma angrily. "He's a mercenary he's only around if there's a chance to be paid."

"And the clone?" demanded the still hovering figure of malice.

"Its all well and good to demand stuff but I don't like talking to people without a name." I quip back. The force beam from his hands comes from directly above me. It flattens me into the ground.

"I am Burning Man." declares Burning Man. "Now tell me where she is?"

"I'd like to tell you where she went but I specifically told her to GO. I didnt say where." I replied my face in the dirt. Burning Man released the force beam on me. I looked up to see the light of Galdys pass over Burning Man as she flew past him.

"Arrrrgh!" screams Burning Man. His hands cradling his helmet free head.

Another stream of light passes me and I've got the helmet in my hands.

"Hurts when you have your helment taken off at sublight speeds, doesn't it." I mention. The very hot helmet in my hands that Galdys gave to me on the way back.

"Robots kill them." orders Burning Man still with his hands over his face. The Robots sit down. Burning Man pulls his hands from his face. I'm standing in front of him and the robots with the helmet and control of the robot army.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way, Cavilier." I tell him and Henchy takes the shot.

3 comments:

Nepharia said...

I love it when a plan comes through...oh wait, you didn't have a plan when it started. :D

Oh, and how is her name spelled? Galdys or Gladys?

captain koma said...

depends whether I type it correctly or not. It should be Gladys.

Nepharia said...

Ok, I've written...where's *your* next installment?